Monday 30 July 2012

The Graduate (minus one Mrs Robinson)




Gown: provided by University of Leeds! Skirt: Vintage, Top: River Island, Shoes: Barratts, Earrings: Accessorize & Nail Varnish: Barry M



T-shirt: Lulu Guinness for Uniqlo, Jeans: H&M, Shoes: eBay & Bracelet: eBay


Hello,

So, finally, here are some pictures from my Graduation - a long time coming I know! So I was intending on putting up a shot of me alone (though my parents look great I think!), but all of the individual shots are shall we say, not so great (i.e. ewww weird face), to be honest I'm not loving the first one of these either, but beggars can't be choosers - so glad we will be keeping these shots for the rest of my life! Anyway, I was a little sceptical about graduation, I thought it was going to be over in a flash and make the 3 hour drive and the 8am arrival (for a 9.30 start) way too effortful - but it was great. There was many a photo opportunity, champagne, a little reception with wine and canapes (free I should add!) and the weather just about held out. I know it's a right of passage, but I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. The other great thing was all the amazing meals I got to have - one at this great Leeds restaurant Little Tokyo (yummmm sushi!) and then my official graduation meal at this incredible local restaurant Wild Thyme - if you are ever in the cotswolds you should check it out, it's in Chipping Norton. To tempt you I will tell you about my starter: Chicken, Sundried Tomato and Crayfish terrine on a bed of Pesto and Aubergine puree. Now, I know what you're thinking - so many flavours, quite an odd combination, I'm not sure....but I am telling you to be sure, all the meals have that unusual twist, but they are so worth it - trust me, go eat up every delicious morsel! After being all smart for my graduation I casual-ed for that evening wearing my new Lulu Guinness tee, skinny jeans and red lipstick.

In terms of what to wear for graduation, I kept ordering & returning, trying on & discarding many an outfit...you see, the thing is, I just don't really have much occasion for 'day-time elegant/ladylike/smart' - I'm from the casual generation! Anyway I finally decided on this beautiful vintage lace skirt (I need to find more occasions to wear it), I ran to River Island sale and bought this blouse (which actually has a beautiful cut out detail on the back) and these cheap as chips sale shoes bought last christmas from Barratts (which are inherently evil and pinch my feet like they are obese and I'm trying to squeeze them into a size zero or something!).  Good luck to everyone else at their graduations!

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment